• Willkommen im Forum!
  • Alles beim Alten...
  • Du hast kaum etwas verpasst ;-)
  • Jetzt noch sicherer mit HTTPS
Hallo, Gast! Anmelden Registrieren

Röhrenheizung
Zitat:Original geschrieben von Rumgucker

Für die Anodenspannung ist es völlig egal, ob Du vor dem Wandler oder nach dem Wandler mit einem großen Kondensator siebst. ICH wollte keine direkt geheizte Röhre betreiben (ich besitze gar keine direkt geheizten Röhren). Das willst DU. Dadurch hast Du eine andere Lösung gefunden: nämlich den Siebkondensator primär zu setzen.

I had to straighten this out:
- if we rectify the electronic transformer output, we get 200Hz ripple instead of 100Hz, and we can fight it with caps, regulators, etc. But it is DC, which means the two ends of the filamentary cathode (direct heated) are at different potential, i.e. bias. This is the main problem with DC on direct heated cathode.
- if we add the cap before the half wave circuit, we improve 100Hz ripple that will be thus dramatically reduced (virtually irrelevant) in the output of the electronic transformer. This leaves us with a "pure" 40-60kHz AC that we can use to heat the direct heated cathode. 40-60kHz "hum" is something that we cannot hear, and once nulled across a humdinger pot, we are left with the residual 2nd harmonic which is 80-120kHz that is so high that even intermodulation distortion is not audible.
The cathode is all at the same potential, because it is heated with AC, which becomes a major plus if hum is not audible.

I hope you are getting the huge difference now.

If we apply your inverse additional transformer, we are going to get high voltage B+, like 300V, without 100 or 200Hz ripple. The rectification ripple is going to be, if with full wave doubler, at 80-120Hz, thus not audible. And you can save on the caps.
This arrangement I am going to try for a preamp (with phono) to check the sound quality: simple and cheap solution, but the resulting sound is the most important issue, otherwise it is just an exercise.

I hope you got it now, since I am not going to repeat.

Zitat:Original geschrieben von Alex Kitic
I hope you got it now, since I am not going to repeat.

Alex. Warum bist Du so herablassend und arrogant? Souverän erscheinst Du mir dadurch nicht. Ein souveräner Fachmann muss nicht arrogant sein.

-------

if we rectify the electronic transformer output, we get 200Hz ripple instead of 100Hz

Ich kann das nicht bestätigen. Ich sehe da 100Hz.

Aber Du wirst mir das ja nicht erklären, weil Du Dich ja nicht repeaten willst Wink

[Bild: 1_1407053612_alex3.png]

Ich kann das nicht bestätigen. Ich sehe da 100Hz.

Aber Du wirst mir das ja nicht erklären, weil Du Dich ja nicht repeaten willst Wink

[Bild: 1_1407053612_alex3.png]

You have made mistakes in setting the simulation, 100uF leaves a lot of ripple, which is visible at the output... etc.

I have a saying about sloppy jobs: "if I was making my amps this way, they would not work...".

And you are right about the fact that I am not going to explain, this is hopeless.

Have a good life, and don't remind me that I have not posted for a long time, because I don't belong here, spoiling your harmony.

You have made mistakes in setting the simulation, 100uF leaves a lot of ripple, which is visible at the output... etc.
Mal ist der Kondensator zu groß. Dann ist er zu klein. Wie auch immer. Ich kann ihn dimensionieren wie ich will: es kommen keine 200Hz raus lachend

---------

Erst die RMS-Geschichte. Und nun das 200Hz-Desaster. Das war offensichtlich zu viel.

Warum sind viele Röhrenfreaks nur so seltsam gnaddelige und unhumorige Menschen? misstrau

Mal ist der Kondensator zu groß. Dann ist er zu klein. Wie auch immer. Ich kann ihn dimensionieren wie ich will: es kommen keine 200Hz raus lachend

---------

Erst die RMS-Geschichte. Und nun das 200Hz-Desaster. Das war offensichtlich zu viel.

Warum sind viele Röhrenfreaks nur so seltsam gnaddelige und unhumorige Menschen? misstrau

This time I am replying only because I am getting angry:
1) Do a simulation for yourself and see how much ripple will remain with a 100uF, 200uF, or 330uF cap after the rectifier - do it in PSUD2 if you cannot set your software to show you the ripple. Of course, set a fixed current sink, not a resistor which will change the current in the circuit changing the resulting ripple.
2) Now that you have done 1) you have probably understood that what ripple remains in the DC signal, will be passed to the output of the electronic transformer. More, or less. This is what you call "100Hz modulated high frequency AC", but a more precise definition is that the let's say 50kHz AC has lower or higher peak values due to the 100Hz ripple that changes the DC value and thus the output voltage. This is most prominent with the unmodified electronic transformer, where DC gets so low that the diac is needed to restart oscillation.
3) The true result of your simulation, besides the "100Hz" modulation which is visible in the result, should be 100kHz because the input before the full wave doubler is 50KHz. As a matter of fact, such high frequency is perfectly filtered with the caps you are using for the doubler, and thus it is hard to see it even if you were to increase very much the resolution of the displayed result.
4) This is why you are getting 100Hz - the initial "ripple". If you had filtered it enough, it would not be present, and what you would get is DC with 100kHz ripple. To get to that, the best way would be to replace the initial cap with a voltage regulator (as I said several times so far) that would add -60dB of ripple rejection to the already good result with a 200-330uF cap.
And yes, the 10000uF cap is surreal - too large, too high initial peak current, etc. The 100uF cap is too low, thus too much ripple remains and is visible in your simulation. Try a nice regulator, and to grasp the idea, try a DC source instead of the first rectification. To be able to see the 100kHz ripple you will need to keep a very low capacity in your doubler, otherwise it will be filtered out.

Now for the 200Hz you are mentioning:
If you use 100Hz AC with a full wave rectifier you will get 200Hz ripple. But since this is not 100Hz AC, rather "modulation" of HF AC at 100Hz, you will not get the 200Hz but the 100Hz modulation will be the only visible result, among other reasons because the higher the frequency, the less capacity is needed to filter it... thus leaving the 100Hz visible and effectively filtering out the 100kHz (in this case). If it looks the same to you, it is because you do not know where to look.

On the other hand, if we take a 100Hz signal, even a modulation, and use it to heat a direct heated cathode, and employ a so called hum-dinger pot, it will cause the main frequency (100Hz modulation) to null, while the remaining 2nd harmonics will be obviously 200Hz and will be audible in your system as a higher than usual frequency hum (more alike to buzz than hum, actually).

The above has nothing to do with tube-freaks or similar stuff. It has to do with whether you use your brain in advance, and whether you have some electronics traning or not (I am an economist, BTW) - and whether the only reason why you have a scope is being a repairs technician, or because you can afford it...

Enough said. If after this you still do not understand, feel free to make jokes about it: joking about stuff you do not understand is good for you, it will alleviate the stress of being challenged...

Alex hat offensichtlich seine festgefügten Meinungen/Vorstellungen an denen keinen Deut zu rütteln ist, egal wie hirnrissig diese sind.
Unerwünschte Kritik wird herablassend abgebügelt - auch wenn sie berechtigt ist. Auf diese Form der "Kommunikation" lege ich keinen Wert.

Für Monologisten sind blogs besser geeignetd als Foren.

...mit der Lizenz zum Löten!

Erstmal wäre es nett, wenn Du etwas weniger schreiben würdest. Ich stoppe das lesen meist, sobald mir ein Fehler auffällt. So auch hier:

Of course, set a fixed current sink, not a resistor which will change the current in the circuit changing the resulting ripple.
Ein heißer Glühfaden ist in reiner Wirkwiderstand und keine Stromsenke

;deal2

Erstmal wäre es nett, wenn Du etwas weniger schreiben würdest. Ich stoppe das lesen meist, sobald mir ein Fehler auffällt. So auch hier:

Of course, set a fixed current sink, not a resistor which will change the current in the circuit changing the resulting ripple.
Ein heißer Glühfaden ist in reiner Wirkwiderstand und keine Stromsenke

;deal2

How might I explain this to you in just a few words?

Imagine you need 10V 5A: does this mean 2 ohms?
Yes it does... but now imagine that 2 ohms are getting 11V instead: is it still 5A? No, it is not.

Most tube filaments are meant to be "defined" by the voltage across them (in this case, 10V) while the current across the filament may vary (as you can find out in datasheets). Thus although a filament is a resistive load, this has nothing really to do with the ripple we are discussing.

You need to put a constant current sink instead of the resistor because what you want to do is know what is the ripple for a given CURRENT because the current is what matters in the electronic transformer circuitry: you will be able to adjust the voltage later, but you need to know the current you are setting it for (for instance, 100mA). Knowing the load you want to power will relatively easily translate into current on the initial part of the half-wave circuit...

Hopeless, really.

Zitat:Original geschrieben von voltwide
Alex hat offensichtlich seine festgefügten Meinungen/Vorstellungen....

Ich vermute mal, dass Alex in anderen Foren schlecht behandelt wurde. Hat ja oft einer ne gute Idee und wird dann von der "herrschenden Meinung" niedergemacht. Da kann man schon im Laufe der Jahre den Humor verlieren.

Ich denke, dass Alex uns vom Start weg genauso sortiert hat. Er kann ja noch nicht wissen, dass wir hier genau auf einer Wellenlänge mit ihm sind und auch gerne querdenken.

Das alles würde jedenfalls erklären, dass er gleich ellenlange Monologe schreibt, die einen wohl mit der puren Wortgewaltigkeit erschlagen sollen.

Es wär schade, wenn es zwischem ihm und uns nicht funktioniert. Aber dann kann man halt nichts machen. Ich hab alles versucht.

Ich finde das schade. Ich denke, dass Alex was auf dem Kasten hat.

Most tube filaments are meant to be "defined" by the voltage across them (in this case, 10V) while the current across the filament may vary (as you can find out in datasheets).

Ein Glühfaden ist ein Kaltleiter. Und zwar einer mit hoher Trägheit. Wenn er heiß ist, so verhält er sich gegenüber dem 100Hz-Ripple wie ein Widerstand.

Glaub es mir Wink

..wir können es aber gerne auch mal schnell gemeinsam messen, wenn Du mitmachst... Smile

Es geht also um den differentiellen 100Hz-Widerstand eines vorgeheizten Glühfadens. Sind wir da einig? misstrau

Zitat:Original geschrieben von voltwide

Alex hat offensichtlich seine festgefügten Meinungen/Vorstellungen an denen keinen Deut zu rütteln ist, egal wie hirnrissig diese sind.
Unerwünschte Kritik wird herablassend abgebügelt - auch wenn sie berechtigt ist. Auf diese Form der "Kommunikation" lege ich keinen Wert.

Für Monologisten sind blogs besser geeignetd als Foren.

It's knowledge, not conviction. Since I know something, you cannot make me "change my mind". For instance, I know my name - are you going to convince me that I am just imagining that is my name (i.e. I do not know my own name)? Are we going to debate for instance Ohm's Law and explain how it is flawed and incorrect? Or prove the possibility of perpetuum mobile?

The problem here is knowledge vs. ignorance. Ignorance can be solved by tutoring, but I am not into that business... unfortunately, the vast majority of forums are full of ignorance and prejudice and serve only the purpose of allowing ignorant and prejudiced people to find confirmation of their believes in the company of their peers: new ideas and knowledge are not welcome.

That is exactly why I am trying to avoid forums: no point in discussing with those who are not at the same knowledge level. Ask yourself whether a financial expert would let you explain to him why a particular derivative is the best way for him to invest his money? Well, I guess he would not... and probably you would not even get the chance to discuss the matter with him, because he has better things to do.

Alex... Du bist unsympathisch....

..aber irgendwie gefällt mir das... lachend

Ich denke, dass Alex uns vom Start weg genauso sortiert hat. Er kann ja noch nicht wissen, dass wir hier genau auf einer Wellenlänge mit ihm sind und auch gerne querdenken.

Well I was hoping that you were able to think outside the box and that you guys had the knowledge and the lack of prejudice. Particularly when I saw your posts on electronic transformer modification.

Unfortunately, that is not the case. I should have known that when I first saw your comment about the "100Hz being the trick that makes it short-circuit proof"... it is not, and I have tried to explain it to you, but was unable.

I consider it to be my own fault. I should have known better. That is why it is perhaps better to write such topics on my blog instead on trying to open the eyes to people on forums. If it is on the blog, eventually people will think about it and do it and find out how good this solution actually is... if I try to show it on some forum like yours, it will just backfire. Like every other simple thing, it is actually too difficult to comprehend.

Just think for a moment why is the cap not included in the original electronic transformers (usually just 100-200nF)?
The halogen lights do not mind ripple or modulation... what they need is the RMS voltage (i.e. WORK) that will light the filament.
Besides, a 330uF cap costs more than some cheap Chinese units... or approximately 50% of the retail price of a Philips or similar unit.
I guess this requires no additional comment.

Just think for a moment why is the cap not included in the original electronic transformers (usually just 100-200nF)?
The halogen lights do not mind ripple or modulation... what they need is the RMS voltage (i.e. WORK) that will light the filament.
Besides, a 330uF cap costs more than some cheap Chinese units... or approximately 50% of the retail price of a Philips or similar unit.
I guess this requires no additional comment.

The reasons for omitting big caps are obvious:
-obtaining a power factor close to unity to comply with EN55022
-there is no space for these bulky components inside halogen xformers
-re-triggerung via DIAC will not work

Modififying these electronic transformers has some severe changes in mode of operation, but I do not intend to teach you about, as your level of knowledge is far superior to mine.
...mit der Lizenz zum Löten!

Rede nicht rum, Alex. Wink

Lass uns mal messen ;deal2

Wir legen meintwegen 6V an einen Glühfaden und messen nach einer Minute den Strom.

Dann erhöhen wir die Spannung um 0.3V auf 6.3V.

Nach Deiner Stromsenken-These dürfte sich dabei die Stromaufnahme in keiner Weise ändern. Wenn das so ist, so hättest Du mich überzeugt.

Wollen wir diese einfache Messung mal beide machen?

;pop;corn;

Plötzliches Schweigen im Walde? misstrau

Dabei weiß ich wirklich nicht, wie die Story ausgeht. Ich hab nicht gemogelt und schon mal heimlich vorab gemessen. Vielleicht hat Alex ja Recht. Ich bin da ganz ergebnisoffen.

Nur bevor ich eine Stromsenke in die Simulation einsetze will ich halt wissen, ob das auch korrekt ist.

Nun hielt ich die Spannung nicht mehr aus. Ich bin zwar etwas dumm. Aber ich messe gerne.

Ein heißer Heizfaden einer ECC82 hat einen Widerstandscharakter. Der differentielle Widerstand beträgt 75 Ohm (du / di = 300mV / 4mA). Der absolute Widerstand beträgt 46 Ohm (6V / 129mA). Es handelt sich also keineswegs um eine Stromsenke, Alex.

Was haben wir jetzt?

[*] Das Märchen von den 200Hz nach Sekundärgleichrichtung.
[*] Das "RMS vs. Peak"-Verständnisproblem bei großen Siebkondensatoren
[*] Das Märchen von der Stromsenkencharakteristik des Heizfadens.

---------

Nun würde ich gerne mit Dir über Heizfaden-Gitterkapazitäten bei direkt mit 60kHz geheizten Röhren und Intermodulationen diskutieren. Bist Du noch bei uns? misstrau

Im übrigen seh ich auch mit Stromsenke stets nur 100 Hz

[Bild: 1_1407092959_alex4.png]

Aber das liegt natürlich an meiner falschen Simulationssoftware. Und an meiner Dummheit. Aber das müssen wir jetzt nicht repeaten.