• Willkommen im Forum!
  • Alles beim Alten...
  • Du hast kaum etwas verpasst ;-)
  • Jetzt noch sicherer mit HTTPS
Hallo, Gast! Anmelden Registrieren

Röhrenheizung
Zitat:Original geschrieben von Rumgucker

Alex Lösung gefällt mir zunehmend besser. Aber ich muss noch drüber nachdenken....

Das ist immer eine gute Idee, über neue Konzepte zu nachdenken.
Halogen Lampe brauchen das nicht, aber es bekommt sehr wichtig wenn Mann wollte diese Trafo Schaltung für Audio Technik verwenden.
Das elektronische Trafo Schaltung ist nicht was Mann erwartet Wink

Zitat:Original geschrieben von Alex Kitic
Es ist viel einfacher im Englisch zu schreiben, doch.
Du kannst gerne in Englisch bleiben. Das verstehen wir hier auch. Auch Spanisch, Russisch, Norwegisch, Französisch Wink

Was redest du da Gucki....ich für meinen Teil verstehe ohne fremde Hilfe nur Deutsch,Englisch und Niederländisch.
Da finde ich es schon gut das Alex Englisch oder Deutsch schreibt.
Nur schnell noch....ohh.....hmm.....shit......na egal!
Nicht alles was funktioniert sollte es auch.

Eine Erhöhung der Kapazität im Primärkreis ist solange super, wie der Oszillator oszilliert.

Zitat:Original geschrieben von kahlo

Eine Erhöhung der Kapazität im Primärkreis ist solange super, wie der Oszillator oszilliert.

That's correct. Oscillation is started by the diac when DC is high enough and enough current is drawn across the transistors.

Increasing the capacity over the bridge leads to an increase in DC RMS due to ripple being filtered. If the DC is high enough, oscillation continues without the help of the diac, which stays disconnected.

This basically means that you can add a regulator to regulate DC and therefore get regulated (always the same) AC at the output. By doing so, you will drastically filter any 100Hz ripple and the resulting ouput will be virtually pure HF AC at the oscillation frequency (usually between 40 and 60kHz.

The only case when oscillation is not going to happen is a no-load condition. This is what the diodes in parallel with the transistors are for: no-load protection circuitry.

Das ist nicht richtig. Ein Stromstoss auf der Sekundärseite, zum Beispiel durch einen Gleichrichter+Kondensator, stoppt den Oszillator auch. Dann entlädt sich die vergrösserte Primärkapazität über einen Transistor. Der Transistor brennt durch.

Die Schaltung ist nicht sicher.

In diesem Zusammenhang bringe ich immer wieder gerne den LLC-Wandler mit Klammerdioden ins Spiel.
Der ist dauerkurzschlussfest ohne zusätzliche Stromsbegrenzer-Elektronik.
Nicht nur in der Theorie, sondern auch in der Praxis.

Und ausregeln kann man ihn auch für minimale Ausgangsbrummspannung.
Muss man aber nicht.
...mit der Lizenz zum Löten!

Zitat:Original geschrieben von madmoony
Was redest du da Gucki....ich für meinen Teil verstehe ohne fremde Hilfe nur...
Letztlich sollte die Sprache unter Technikern eh nur eine geringe Rolle spielen. Unsere Schaltpläne, Fotos, Bauteile und Messungen sind international. Im Groben können wir ja sogar japanische Seiten verstehen, wenn die schön viele Bilder haben ;baeh

Das ist nicht richtig. Ein Stromstoss auf der Sekundärseite, zum Beispiel durch einen Gleichrichter+Kondensator, stoppt den Oszillator auch. Dann entlädt sich die vergrösserte Primärkapazität über einen Transistor. Der Transistor brennt durch.

Under which condition is this going to happen?
Are you referring to the secondary of the output transformer of the electronic transformer unit?

Anyway, the large capacity cap (large is a disputable term, maybe larger) will discharge very slowly if you do not provide some resistor or other means: this once the oscillation has stopped (for instance, turned off).

Oscillation can stop only if there is a fault condition (no-load, short circuit). If no load, the transistors are protected by flyback diodes. If short circuit, the short circuit protection wil sense the high current and cut everything down.

Part of this is explained in the text, and you can trace what happens by looking at the schematics. The rest comes from my own experience and experimenting with several units. Unless you stick your fingers inside, the circuit is safe as anything can be.

The cap, which is crucial in transforming a trivial circuit into innovative possibility, does just two potentially dangerous things:
1) Raises DC RMS voltage by eliminating 100Hz ripple - which is not a problem in general because the peak DC value remains unchanged.
Since the DC voltage defines the peak oscillation voltage by its peaks, nothing is changed in the operation of the transistors, nor the peak voltage across the primary of the output transformer of the electronic transformer unit (Volts per turn).

The increase in voltage is in RMS terms, because the dips at 100Hz intervals are "filled". What changes is the duty cycle, or rather the stability of the duty cycle (more stable since more regular).

2) Of course the capacitor may prove too large for the diodes to fill at startup, but you can add the NTC to solve that, or change the diodes for more powerful ones.

I accept that the circuit although very simple might be tough to understand, particularly the difference in voltage. The problem is thinking in terms of duty cycle instead of wave magnitude and frequency. Because, the output is not a sine wave, rather an (imperfect) square wave.

Dann entlädt sich die vergrösserte Primärkapazität über einen Transistor. Der Transistor brennt durch.

Two conditions for burning a transistor:
1) over-voltage: the peak voltage remains the same and the transistors are chosen with the peak voltage in mind.
2) over-current: a short circuit, or too high load - both taken care by the short circuit protection if one is fitted in the unit.

In reality, the only way to burn the output transistors is too high load (overheating, which is why I mentioned the DC current issue on the voltage doubler B+ circuitry), or maybe using a highly inductive or capacitative load that would destabilize the transistors (which I did not consider in detail since my primary aim is direct heated cathode tubes, where the filament is a purely resistive load similar to a light bulb).

In a way, the filamentary cathode of the 813 is a 50W (10V 5A) light bulb.

Uff... ich muss mich mal anstrengen. Sonst komm ich nicht mehr hinterher Wink

Warum denkst du das es ist gefährlich?

[Bild: 1.gif]

Die BJT werden mit 230V RMS versorgt. Ihr Strom wird durch C2 und C3 begrenzt. Wenn Du die RMS-Versorgungsspannung mit einem Ladeelko auf 320V anhebst, so fließt im Kurzschlussfall 50% mehr Strom.

Hattest Du ja auch in http://include.php?path=forum/showthread...entries=88 schon beschrieben.

[Bild: 2.gif]

Im Falle eines Kurzschlusses steigt die Arbeitsfrequenz drastisch an und die Schwingungen reißen ab. Die gezeigte Schaltung soll eine frühe Neuzündung der Schaltung verhindern. Sie unterbindet aber nicht die Schwingungen. Das kann sie gar nicht, weil sie nur in den Zündungskreis eingreift.

Hinsichtlich der Kurzschluss-Schutzschaltung, hier ist ein Link zu einem Dokument, das erklärt, wie es funktioniert.
http://www.rlocman.ru/i/File/2007/05/07/...sf_12V.pdf
Die Strom durch den Transistor, und nicht die Gleichspannung von verbesserten Ripple Rejection an der Diodenbrücke - ist für das reibungslose Funktionieren der Schutzschaltung wichtig.

Hier ist es ja schön erklärt, was ich eben geschrieben hab.

Under which condition is this going to happen?

Die Zündung der Schaltung geschieht beim Spannungsannstieg der Halbwelle. Also zu einem Zeitpunkt, wo noch eine geringe Spannung an den BJT anliegt.

Du legst aber stets die volle Spannung an. Die Zündung erfolgt also in jedem Fall mit 320V an den BJT.

Just like I have already stated, you are mixing the RMS voltage (which increases thanks to the capacitor reducing ripple), and the DC peak voltage which stays the same since the capacitor can only reduce the ripple but cannot change the rectification efficiency.

The BJT thus stay safe if correctly chosen in the first place by the manufacturer, since they are chosen based on peak voltage and current output.

I already stated that this circuit is difficult to understand, and even more difficult to understand the difference made by a cap inserted in the circuit. The main problem is understanding that the perpetuum mobile does not exist and the cap does not change anything besides RMS voltage.

If the current surge happens when you power the circuit, and kills the BJTs, the circuit would not work. But it does, since I have used and am still using it to heat direct heated tubes every day without the slightest problem. I have once had a start-up surge that has blown inadequate power diodes (while modifying a cheap Chinese no name unit), but that was the only damage (no problems with the transistors or anything) and after replacing with more powerful diodes there have been no problems since.

Without the cap modification this circuit is almost irrelevant for audio. A mere toy, cheap solution where you trade 100Hz ripple for 200Hz ripple?! As for safety, it is safe enough for me, works every day and without hum or artefacts, while being efficient - without the cap I would not even considered it.

We have managed to drawn a proposal for superior quality audio application into a discussion about safety where you seem to be giving incorrect arguments. With all due respect, I have better things to do than teach people about RMS, peak values, and duty cycle.

If you do not understand or fear the circuit, just forget about it.
You are not going to build an RH813 anyway, and while to me it is reasonably safe and well engineered, you might and probably should fear the 800+V DC power supply it requires. Is that safe? Well, not if you stick your fingers where they do not belong - but it is safe enough since you have no reason to do that (nothing to measure and adjust in use daily. The same is true of the modified electronic transformer: most do not have the required DMM that is True RMS and capable to measure at least 100kHz.

It is simple: If you don't try to rectify the output, the circuit works (most of the time). If you try to rectify the output, you blow away one BJT.

But don't waste your time with me.

Zitat:The main problem is understanding that the perpetuum mobile does not exist and the cap does not change anything besides RMS voltage.

Die normalerweise im Halogentrafo anliegende Spannung ist eine 100Hz-Halbwelle mit einem Peak von 320V und einem RMS von 230V.

Sobald Du einen großen Kondensator zur Glättung einsetzt, versorgst Du mit einer Gleichspannung von 320V, die auch einen RMS von 320V hat.

Dein Halogentrafo wird nun nicht mehr 12V RMS liefern sondern 17V RMS.

Dem wirkst Du durch eine eigene Sekundärwicklung entgegen. Oder Du änderst sogar die Primärwicklung

Zitat:Adjusted number of turns on the secondary (and the primary if need be) of the ferrite core output transformer of the unit.

Ist das von mir soweit korrekt dargestellt?

Zitat:But it does, since I have used and am still using it to heat direct heated tubes every day without the slightest problem.

Das bezweifel ich nicht. Du versorgst die BJT mit höherer RMS Spannung, entnimmst aber durch obige Anpassungen einen geringeren Strom. Ich hab lediglich von einer "Gefahr" gesprochen.

Bei direkt geheizten Röhren hast Du aber nur diese Möglichkeit. Du musst das 100Hz-Brummen auf der Primärseite beseitigen. Und natürlich dabei auf den Gleichrichterspitzenstrom achten, zum Beispiel durch Deinen beschriebenen Einsatz eines NTC.

Du baust sozusagen aus dem Halogentrafo ein ganz normales SNT.

Zitat:Without the cap modification this circuit is almost irrelevant for audio. A mere toy, cheap solution where you trade 100Hz ripple for 200Hz ripple?!

Die Grundidee war, einen normalen Trafo 1:1 durch den Halogentrafo zu ersetzen. Der Halogentrafo sollte dabei möglichst nicht modifiziert werden. Besonders mit Blick auf die elektrische Sicherheit. Normale Trafos sind weder Spielzeuge noch "irrelevant for audio"!

Das hatte ich hier nochmal deutlich gegenübergestellt:

[Bild: 1_updown55.jpg]

Zitat:With all due respect, I have better things to do than teach people about RMS, peak values, and duty cycle.

Warum tust Du dann nicht die besseren Dinge? Mir scheint hier ein Missverständnis vorzuliegen.

[Bild: 1_1407043836_alex1.png]

Ohne Siebkondensator: 230V RMS, 320V Peak

[Bild: 1_1407043646_alex2.png]

Mit Siebkondensator: 320V RMS, 320V Peak

Was ist daran nun Deiner Meinung nach falsch?

------------

Für die Anodenspannung ist es völlig egal, ob Du vor dem Wandler oder nach dem Wandler mit einem großen Kondensator siebst. ICH wollte keine direkt geheizte Röhre betreiben (ich besitze gar keine direkt geheizten Röhren). Das willst DU. Dadurch hast Du eine andere Lösung gefunden: nämlich den Siebkondensator primär zu setzen.

Gut. Fein. Freu Dich.

Wir haben lediglich Bedenken geäußert. Du hast diese Bedenken weitgehend ausgeräumt.

Gut. Fein. Freu Dich.

Aber muss man deswegen unhöflich werden?

Ich bin etwas geschockt, muss ich zugeben.

It is simple: If you don't try to rectify the output, the circuit works (most of the time). If you try to rectify the output, you blow away one BJT.

But don't waste your time with me.

As a matter of fact I have rectified the output (in low voltage domain, to obtain DC for filamentary cathodes, using Schottky low drop diodes) - you can even see how I was cooling the 5A voltage regulators on a cooler for Athlon processors. It did work and I did not have any problems with the operation of the circuit. Both with and without the cap over the rectifier bridge. Because it does not blow the BJT.

But you have not tried it (thus uou do not know that it will not blow the BJT in practice, and you have also misunderstood the circuitry involved, that's why you think it would blow the BJT.

But you are indeed correct about one thing: I will not be loosing time on people who are not going to try any of my proposals - designs, if I dare say so, or projects - but keep opposing the value or feasibility because they do not understand or feel challenged by said projects.

But you are indeed correct about one thing: I will not be loosing time on people who are not going to try any of my proposals - designs, if I dare say so, or projects - but keep opposing the value or feasibility because they do not understand or feel challenged by said projects.

Nun entspann Dich mal!

Keiner tut Dir hier was oder will Dir Böses.

Wir sind hier nur alle etwas dumm. Aber nun bist ja Du bei uns und nun kann ja nichts mehr schief gehen.

Zitat:Original geschrieben von Rumgucker

Zitat:With all due respect, I have better things to do than teach people about RMS, peak values, and duty cycle.

Warum tust Du dann nicht die besseren Dinge? Mir scheint hier ein Missverständnis vorzuliegen.

[Bild: 1_1407043836_alex1.png]

Ohne Siebkondensator: 230V RMS, 320V Peak

[Bild: 1_1407043646_alex2.png]

Mit Siebkondensator: 320V RMS, 320V Peak

Was ist daran nun Deiner Meinung nach falsch?

------------

You are correct about this, except for the fact that RMS is not going to be 320V. If you cap is 10.000uF (10mF), than maybe you can approach this RMS value, but it would be extremely expensive (10.000uF 400V ?!) and the current surge would be huge to start that circuit.

Furthermore the load should not be regarded as a resistor but a current sink, because otherwise the RMS current across the load is increased.

I intended to show similar screenshots but from PSUD2, much more realistic values and more information available at a glance.

When simulating one needs to set realistic conditions (10.000uF 400V is surreal).

The current plays an important role here, which is why I am always keeping total load lower than what stated on the electronic transformer. I use a 160W unit for a load of probably 107W (2x 813 + 7.5V 1A for driver tubes, which I lower to 6.3V through a 1.33 ohm resistor). Suffice to say that what matters for the half-wave oscillator is current, and the transformation ratio of the ferrite core unit means that you should not exceed a given current on the BJTs: otherwise protection kicks in and you have no output.

Nevertheless, this is becoming a long theoretical debate instead of a constructive proposal. And if I devote my time to debating things that I already know, just to teach my incredulous interlocutors, than I have no time for design work and developing new ideas. It's as simple as that.

Which is why I keep a blog and post on forums very seldom, only to announce new projects...

You are correct about this, except for the fact that RMS is not going to be 320V. If you cap is 10.000uF (10mF), than maybe you can approach this RMS value, but it would be extremely expensive (10.000uF 400V ?!) and the current surge would be huge to start that circuit.

Wie bitte?

Der Sinn Deines Caps ist doch die Beseitigung des 100Hz-Brumms. Sonst hast Du doch auf der direkten Heizung einen Brumm. Das willst Du doch nicht.

Ohne primären Brumm entsteht zwingend primär ein RMS von 320V. Immer!

So langsam kommt mir die Idee, dass DU irgendwas nicht richtig verstehst, Alex... misstrau