• Du hast kaum etwas verpasst ;-)
  • Jetzt noch sicherer mit HTTPS
Hallo, Gast! Anmelden Registrieren

Röhrenheizung
.. und mit dem zweiten System der EAA91
in Längsrichtung davor und passender
Beheizung könnte die Regelwirkung
noch deutlich wirkungsvoller werden

Der dyn. Innenwiderstand der EAA91 beträgt rund 150 Ohm (laut Datenblatt). Das sollte reichen, um die Lautstärke auf -40dB senken zu können. In Stereo.

Warum willst Du die Lautstärke noch weiter senken? Und dafür eine weitere kostbare Röhre verschleißen?

..na ja, so kostbar ist die EAA91
auch wieder nicht..

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Zwei-Stuck-Elektr...259309fac2

Jede Röhre, die nicht mehr produziert wird, ist kostbar.

Zitat:Original geschrieben von Rumgucker

Das ist zwei Jahre her. Wieso fragst Du erst jetzt? überrascht

Im Normalfall würde ich gerne eine Stunde meiner Lebenszeit hergeben und Messungen anfertigen.

So lange allerdings "Hoppi" als Fragesteller erscheint, ist meine Motivation überschaubar. Ich bezweifel sogar, dass Du Röhren besitzt bzw. überhaupt irgendwas damit basteln würdest.

Es liegt an Dir, meine Motivation zu steigern... Wink
EAA91 hab ich da, aber kein 9-er Sockel ... ;baeh
PABC80 hätt´ ich da.

... aber unterheizen von Röhren soll nicht gesund sein. misstrau
Bei Dicky Hoppenstedt konnte das Geschlecht auch nicht so einfach bestimmt werden.

EAA91 hat keinen "9-er Sockel" ;nono

Mit PABC80 hab ichs nicht getestet.

Hallo Alex,

Du kannst sogar noch einen Schritt weiter gehen und zusätzlich die Anodenspannung aus dem Halogentrafo gewinnen:

[Bild: 1_updown16.png]

[Bild: 1_updown54.jpg]

Ab: http://include.php?path=forum/showthread...ntries=527

I just wrote a very long post and found out that in the meantime I had to log again... did not copy my text in time, so now I am writing this short version.

I am glad that you do not consider the HF AC as some anathema. I am more interested in the AC side, as a means to heat directly heated tubes without audible hum and without resorting to DC which is not a perfect solution per se, as it causes a difference in potential across the filamentary cathode.

As for the high voltage schematics included, you should correct the DC output current - if coming from a 60W unit, it could be maximum 140mA due to the various losses in rectification (voltage doubler, approximately 0.31x the AC current, which I estimate at about 400mA, since the voltage is probably around 130V AC).

My solution includes two steps:
1) Added cap to improve rectification (much lower ripple) in the initial stage, at the input to the half-wave oscillator circuit.
2) Adjusted number of turns on the secondary (and the primary if need be) of the ferrite core output transformer of the unit.

A full fledged solution would include a regulator in front of the half-wave oscillator, to get a regulated DC voltage (thus a regulated AC output) and get rid of all relevant ripple (a regulator will have additional -60dB ripple rejection).

[Bild: IMG_2610.JPG]

If you choose to add a transformer on the output AC side, you should get extremely clean (in terms of 50/100Hz ripple) DC output, because all the ripple would be from a 40-60kHz source, i.e. at 80-120kHz and the output would be regulated as well (due to the regulation of the initial DC that is in direct proportion to the AC output). Of course, regulating the DC in front of the half-wave circuit means a rather large increase of voltage at the output, approximately 1.40x probably. This means that the output of your added transformer would also be at higher voltage and you could probably adjust it to be around 300V without resorting to a doubler, hence getting even more output current...

But my main interest here at the moment is creating interest in the use of HF AC for direct heated tubes, as a promising solution that might one day become "the" best sounding alternative.

I forgot to mention that the FR155 is something I cannot buy locally (and it is very difficult for me to buy anything from abroad). I have to check whether it can be done with UF400x or UF450x...

Otherwise, I can source locally very high quality Schottky diodes, but rated for 45V maximum.

Besides that, although I prefer tube rectifiers, I am never against trying something new... like my own "clean DC" development of your proposal. I might try it on some preamplifier, to assess the sound against a very good external classic power supply with tube rectifiers, chokes, and high quality caps.

Zitat:Original geschrieben von Alex Kitic
I just wrote a very long post and found out that in the meantime I had to log again... did not copy my text in time, so now I am writing this short version.
I'm sorry Sad . Ich benutze "Lazarus" Wink

I am glad that you do not consider the HF AC as some anathema....
Das Problem bei Halogentrafos ist die 100Hz-Modulation.

As for the high voltage schematics included, you should correct the DC output current
Ich habe die Werte gemessen (!) und dabe die Temperatur der Power-BJT überwacht. Ich vermute, dass die "60 Watt" defensiv sind.

1) Added cap to improve rectification (much lower ripple) in the initial stage, at the input to the half-wave oscillator circuit.
Das ist gefährlich! Damit umgehst Du die Kurzschlussfestigkeit des Trafos.

2) Adjusted number of turns on the secondary (and the primary if need be) of the ferrite core output transformer of the unit.
Ich habe am Original nur den Mindestlaststrom reduziert, damit der Trafo auch ohne Anodenstrom schwingt.

A full fledged solution would include a regulator in front of the half-wave oscillator, to get a regulated DC voltage (thus a regulated AC output) and get rid of all relevant ripple (a regulator will have additional -60dB ripple rejection).
Nein! Der Halogentrafo wird 100 mal pro Sekunde gezündet. Das ist der Trick, der einen Halogentrafo kurzschlussfest macht.

If you choose to add a transformer on the output AC side, you should get extremely clean (in terms of 50/100Hz ripple) DC output, because all the ripple would be from a 40-60kHz source, i.e. at 80-120kHz and the output would be regulated as well (due to the regulation of the initial DC that is in direct proportion to the AC output). Of course, regulating the DC in front of the half-wave circuit means a rather large increase of voltage at the output, approximately 1.40x probably. This means that the output of your added transformer would also be at higher voltage and you could probably adjust it to be around 300V without resorting to a doubler, hence getting even more output current...
Ich habe große Siebkapazitäten verwendet, um die 100Hz Modulation zu sieben. Der elektronische Halogentrafo ersetzt lediglich einen konventionellen Trafo. Die Spannungen wurden gemessen.

But my main interest here at the moment is creating interest in the use of HF AC for direct heated tubes, as a promising solution that might one day become "the" best sounding alternative.
Ja. Das seh ich auch so.

I forgot to mention that the FR155 is something I cannot buy locally (and it is very difficult for me to buy anything from abroad). I have to check whether it can be done with UF400x or UF450x...
Ich hatte die FR155 aus alten PC-SNTs ausgebaut. "UF" funktioniert gewiss auch.

Ich hatte die FR155 aus alten PC-SNTs ausgebaut. "UF" funktioniert gewiss auch.

Ja, ich weiß dass jetzt, Ich habe überprüft: das UF4007 UF4508 und können verwendet werden.

Ich bin fasziniert von Deinem Know-How, Alex. Du hast richtig gut was drauf. Ich bin beeindruckt Heart

I am having trouble editing properly longer posts, sorry.

Please read the reply as first posted below.
You will have to read through to the answers I have put...

It is a pity that on this forum the syntax is different than I am used to... Sad

I am glad that you do not consider the HF AC as some anathema....
Das Problem bei Halogentrafos ist die 100Hz-Modulation.

Indeed it is: look at the following illustration:

[Bild: tube_scope1.gif]

Das ist gefährlich! Damit umgehst Du die Kurzschlussfestigkeit des Trafos.

Warum denkst du das es ist gefährlich?

Here is a nice schematics of a generic electronic transformer:

[Bild: 1.gif]

And now with short-circuit protection (Kurzschlussfestigkeit...):

[Bild: 2.gif]

Therefore adding the capacitor in parallel with the rectifier bridge will not compromise the short-circuit protection. What it will do is:

a) Improve ripple, therefore increase the DC voltage at the input of the half-wave oscillator circuit.
b) By increasing the DC voltage the diac is cut out of the circuitry, it is not needed to restart oscillation - this does not change the operation of the short-circuit protection (if present in the unit at all!!!).
c) As a result of the improved ripple, and thus increased DC voltage, the output AC voltage will also increase proportionally: approximately 1.4x, depending on the increase of DC voltage as a result of improved ripple filtering.

The output AC voltage is 40-60kHz on most units, and after the adding the cap the "dips" at 100Hz (what you call 100Hz modulation) will disappear and the result will look basically as the second half of the above illustration.

[quote]Original geschrieben von Alex Kitic
Ich habe am Original nur den Mindestlaststrom reduziert, damit der Trafo auch ohne Anodenstrom schwingt.

Actually, the minimum load is much more important on most electronic transformers. If the load is not high enough, and there is no "no-load" protection circuitry (basically, a fly-wheel over the output transformers, sometimes transformers are used that include the fly-wheel diode) the low load condition could damage the half-wave oscillator circuitry.

Nein! Der Halogentrafo wird 100 mal pro Sekunde gezündet. Das ist der Trick, der einen Halogentrafo kurzschlussfest macht.

As explained above, the 100Hz ripple is what one needs to get rid of, and it has nothing to do with the short-circuit protection. With 100Hz ripple the whole thing is just an electronics engineering exercise, but without it it becomes some sort of innovation.

Adding a regulator circuit (a plain LM317 or 7805 placed on top of 250-300V of zener diodes will do!) should decrease the ripple another -60dB. After that, the electronic transformer gives out pure 40-60kHz AC, depending on the model...

[quote]
Ich habe große Siebkapazitäten verwendet, um die 100Hz Modulation zu sieben. Der elektronische Halogentrafo ersetzt lediglich einen konventionellen Trafo. Die Spannungen wurden gemessen.

Of course, high capacity is a good way to deal with it - but an even better way is to clean the ripple from the DC that will go into the half-wave oscillator. This HF AC for HF ripple DC (i.e. DC where the ripple is somewhere high above 20kHz where we should not hear it...) I have not yet tried, but intend to try on some preamplifier: could be a cheap and innovative solution.

[quote]Original geschrieben von Rumgucker
Ja. Das seh ich auch so.

And that part I have tried and know very well: you can hear the 100Hz modulation as a 2nd harmonic 200Hz ripple when heating DH tubes, and thus you gain little or nothing: but adding a mere cap (like, 330uF/400V) makes all the audible hum disappear as if there was some magic involved! The direct heated tubes will have less residual hum and buzz than on DC (believe it or not). That is what I have tried, what works perfectly well (is safe, depending on the type of electronic transformer used: I have tried on Vossloh-Schwabe units that allegedly have short circuit and no-load protection, and after adding the cap they can still survive both being used without load, and having the output shorted - although that is something that is not going to happen with electron tubes: when a filament is broken, it does not make a short but rather a no-load condition).

Another thing I would like to add to safety is that it is a good measure to add a thermistor (NTC) to slow down the unit (the diodes) once the cap is added. Since a 330uF cap will require almost 100A of current burst, and very few diodes can survive that (1N4508 can, but most other cannot, and it is lottery whether you will have to change the diodes and the fuse...) - adding a thermistor will reduce the current at start-up perfectly, increasing both safety and the lifetime of the modified unit.

[Bild: Inrush%20Current%20Limiting%20Power%20NT...0curve.jpg]

Hinsichtlich der Kurzschluss-Schutzschaltung, hier ist ein Link zu einem Dokument, das erklärt, wie es funktioniert.

http://www.rlocman.ru/i/File/2007/05/07/...sf_12V.pdf

Die Strom durch den Transistor, und nicht die Gleichspannung von verbesserten Ripple Rejection an der Diodenbrücke - ist für das reibungslose Funktionieren der Schutzschaltung wichtig.

Danke für das PDF, das kannte ich noch nicht.

Alex ist mittlerweile so aktiv, dass ich ja kaum noch mit dem Lesen hinterherkomme! lachend Heart

Heute bin ich unterwegs. Also komm ich erst morgen dazu. Aber Danke schon mal vorab für die Informationen. Smile

------------------

Kahlo und ich machen uns Gedanken um Deine timeout-Störungen hier im Forum, Alex. Was für ein Betriebsystem und welchen Explorer verwendest Du? Unser Forum verwendet Cookies, die geschrieben, gelesen bzw. aktualisiert werden. Hast Du deren Verarbeitung irgendwie eingeschränkt?

Trotzdem ein paar Sprüche vorweg.

Alex erhöht also die Kapazität des Primärkreises. Nach Alex Darstellungen scheint das keine Nachteile zu bringen. In jedem Fall bringt es den Vorteil, dass die Heizung unverbrummt ist. Für direkt geheizte Röhren natürlich unverzichtbar.

Ich hatte damals die Siebkapazität der Anodenspannung vergrößert. Das ist in Anbetracht der dadurch unverändert verbrummten Heizspannung ungeschickt. Als Vorteil sah ich, dass ich den Halogentrafo unverändert lassen konnte. Denn ich verstand ihn stets als reinen Trafoersatz.

Alex Lösung gefällt mir zunehmend besser. Aber ich muss noch drüber nachdenken....

Kahlo und ich machen uns Gedanken um Deine timeout-Störungen hier im Forum, Alex. Was für ein Betriebsystem und welchen Explorer verwendest Du? Unser Forum verwendet Cookies, die geschrieben, gelesen bzw. aktualisiert werden. Hast Du deren Verarbeitung irgendwie eingeschränkt?

Mein Betriebssystem ist Windows 7, mit Firefox (immer aktualisiert auf das letzte Version), Cookies sollte akzeptiert werden.

Ich weiß nicht warum hab ich timeout-Störungen gehabt.

Ich schreibe jetzt aus Opera für Android, aber nur wenn das Post ist ziemlich kurz Wink

Es ist viel einfacher im Englisch zu schreiben, doch.
Übung macht der MeisterSmile