• Willkommen im Forum!
  • Alles beim Alten...
  • Du hast kaum etwas verpasst ;-)
  • Jetzt noch sicherer mit HTTPS
Hallo, Gast! Anmelden Registrieren

TDA8939-SODFA
Yes, samples, however they also available for $3.2 | 1KU already.
I like wise pins layout, and switching behavior of the 8939, around 20-25nS and much less ringing vs best around discrete design (UcD400 around 20nS(!) too, but more ringing), or vs similar chip in the other package with longer pins. Heh, but why they put the 120k??

IVX,

I think I have your email somewhere and I apologize for not answering sooner, but I've been busy at work, you know how it goes. The 120K impedance at the input, and the resulting noise, is due to the fact that the inputs are not meant to be used as a analog comparator, but rather as a digital one. I've documented that here in this forum a few times, hence we use a analog comparator before its inputs to feed it with a digital signal +/- 5-volts rather than a analog one.

Also, if possible, we'd like to see what you have done with your design, would you mind posting a schematic? And if you have done any measurements we'd like to see those as well, as they will be helpful to our own design we're trying to complete here.

Regards,

Sander Sassen
http://www.hardwareanalysis

SSasen,
delayed answer is not problem, you just can say what you know about it right here. Did you try 8939 with symmetrical supply actually? Or can you measure the impedance between 1&2 pins? Thank you!
Selfoscillating around 8939 will occur without external comparator (BTW, why not only BJT pair, instead whole comparator chip to the 8939 input?), if you will compensate bias from negative supply rail e.g. through same res from the Vdda, or if you'll use extra integrator for keeping almost zero DC. I don't measure output noise exactly so far, because my ears not hear such noise amount anyway, by the other words, i have added 20db loop gain else by the extra integrator (9 BJT else), so THD(.0025% -3db), IMD(.01% -10db) and noise well enough for me. UcD not in use, just hysteresis modulator. You can find Philips reference PCB layout and schematic (for symmetrical supply) here http://www.alcom.ru/intros/ivx.rar

Hi IVX,

first of all: welcome in our small forum Big Grin (and excuse my disastrous english, please Rolleyes ).

Anyway.... Cool

We use an idealistic Spice-model of the 8939:

[Bild: 1_pic96.jpg]

"R1" represents the input impedance and meets your checks. You can fetch the model at our download-area.

But why we implemented this nearly correct resistor? Hmmm... I don't remember and I can't reconstruct it. I'm simple glad that we meet the truth lachend

beim lesen von englischspeak breche ich immer nach zehn sekunden weg, wenn meine augenperle und übersetzerin gerade nicht anwesend ist Wink
eins "stach" mir aber gleich ins auge:
Zitat:i have added 20db loop gain else by the extra integrator (9 BJT else), so THD(.0025% -3db), IMD(.01% -10db) and noise well enough for me.
"... das ei addiert 20dB schleifenverstärkung mit einem zusatzintegrator (also deren zwei ...) ... !
0.0025% - 3dB = 0.007% 0dB?! überrascht Big Grin

fragen:
- mathematisch gesehen besteht ein zusammenhang zwischen thd und f,schalt, nachzulesen in den aes papieren von karsten nielsen - wie hoch war also die schaltfrequenz?
- wie sind die integratoren geschaltet/verknüpft?

kim

I also don't understand IVX's statement about the "extra integrator" (2.nd integrator?).

Ich nehme mal an, daß der LT1818 noch nicht eingetrudelt ist, oder?

;think

So was ist nun? Haben wir hier seitenweise für die Tonne gepostet?

@SSassen: hättest mal lieber die beiden TDA8939-Muster an Ampericher geschickt! Dann wär die Sache schon längst getestet. Oder hast Du mit dem TDA8939 selbst was fertig bekommen? Vielleicht einen UcD?

Mir brichts jedenfalls das Herz. Wenn man die Chips hübsch gefaßt hätte, vielleicht hätte man damit eine wunderschöne Kette machen können?

Was denken die? Gehen wir jetzt weiter? Oder ist der TDA sodfa nicht mehr? Ich bin wieder frei fur einige wochen um etwas zu basteln.

Mit freundliches gruBen,

Sander Sassen
http://www.hardwareanalysis.com

Tillg meldet sich nicht mehr, SSassen !

Rumgucky,

Ich had sie ein email verschickt, aber wie gehts mit der SIMPLA? Das gibt doch jetzt whol einer prototyp nicht? Oder ist das schon noch mal im virtuelen gebasteld?

GruB,

Sander Sassen
Hardware Analysis

Der SIMPLA ist überholt. Alfsch "Cheap-D mk1" kosten viel weniger und taugt viel mehr.